Friday, January 2, 2009

The NOT-SO-USUAL-BREAK

Welcome 2009 and yes, goodbye at last 2008.

This post is about the past week - Christmas and New Year CELEBRATION. Yeah, let me put this in chronological order.

December 24 - 25 = After hearing mass at 10pm, it's the usual "Noche Buena"... ooppss.. it's actually "Noche Gabuyo". I'm just kidding. Chicken Macaroni Casserole, Grilled Spareribs, Grilled Chicken, Beef Asado, and of course my favorite - WINE. It's STRAWBERRY Wine for this year. I ended up sleeping too early, around 3am and woke up on Christmas day to attend mass again in Naga City.

December 28 = The SMA ALUMNI HOMECOMING. It's the time of the year where you see all your "MANANG" schoolmates turned into BITCHY 'HOs and all your crushes during 1st grade now looks like PAN de SAL. I am so mean on this post. Anyways, it's always the usual "ANG-TABA-MO-NA" expression. But it has been fun this year. What I like about my batch mate and schoolmates is the fact that they all remain grounded. There's no "HOW-MANY-CARS-DO-YOU-OWN" attitude - at least at this stage I guess. It was a fun night specially because there's an overflowing supply of booze all evening plus the usual pulutan - kulang na lang kanin - ang the usual hilahan sa dance floor.

December 29 = Good Weather = Good Mood = Good Luck. Indeed it was a lucky night. I visit a very very very old friend of mine. We did the usual hi and hello. We talked for about 4 hours. It was crazy 4 hours. NOSTALGIC. I was trying to forget some things about past issues but she's insisting of asking me things that happened decades ago. I went home at 2 am - elated. Well, thanks for the FIRECRACKER that we were almost hit by a SHRAPNEL. Haha.

December 30 = '05 UNRIVALED MONICANS Batch Party. It was a memorable night. Even heavy rains can't stop us from partying all evening and extending it until the morning. There's booze in every table. Some friends have gone bulimic, nuts, and at around 4AM, the venue looks like a refugee camp. That's how crazy we turned the whole event. Crazy as hell but it was so much fun.

New Year's Eve = I just stayed home, avoided all the firecrackers, enjoyed watching concerts of Sir Paul McCartney, JOURNEY (w/ legendary STEVE PERRY), and the replay of THE DREAM MATCH. The MEDIA NOCHE? Meatball Penne Mac, Beef Caldereta, Fiesta Ham, tons of fruit and again - RED WINE.

It was a simple celebration all throughout the HOLIDAYS. But who cares? The fact that I enjoyed spending time with my family, partying with friends to avoid clinical depression means a lot to me. I am very positive for this 2009. I hope it would be more UNPREDICTABLE-AIRA this year. Sort of GO-WITH-THE-FLOW Theme and a WORK-HARD-PLaY-HARDER 2009. This year would be great. I can sense it.

No comments: