Monday, January 26, 2009

3 WAY TRADE : PUREFOODS-AIR21-GINEBRA

ACQUISITION

PUREFOODS TENDER JUICY GIANTS: DON ALLADO, KG CANALETA
AIR21: CHAD ALONZO, BEAU BELGA, 2012 and 2013 First Round Picks from GINEBRA
BARANGAY GINEBRA KINGS: CHICO LANETE, DOUG KRAMER, JC INTAL


My Reaction:

I'm a big Purefoods fan. This is probably a good move for the club but the real problem is obviously TEAM CHEMISTRY. I guess it would be another adjustment with the rotation and especially that KIRBY RAYMUNDO and JAMES YAP will be part of the training pool for the RP TEAM.

CHICO LANETE can't create plays so I'm OK with that trade. But releasing BELGA from the line-up is obviously not a good move. The guy is the future of the PBA - what I mean is that there is a scarce resource for CENTERS in the league so in the next 3 years he could be dominating the paint as well as the boards. He could be the next Andrew Bynum of the PBA.

I saw this guy yesterday at the internet shop where I used to hang out. He seems to be a good guy so I hope he deals well with trades like this one.

I just hope everything would work well with the new pool of players for the GIANTS. Honestly, I still can't say if the team really benifited from the Marc Pingris - Enrico Villanueva trade. I just hope the team will have a good showing in the import-laced conference.

Bring back the GLORY guys.

No comments: