Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Rat Race: First Week

It's been hell crazy this week. It's like I'm back in my form - the real me.


For the past 10 months, I hated my life. It's so SCOTTY-EUROTRIP-PREDICTABLE. I have no real friends. It's full of crap. It all changed when I got this job. I prepared myself because I know everything will change.

It's not easy to adjust in this kind of world where I live right now. It's a competitive world out there. Who am I? I'm just a fucking undergrad with no work experience and no "extra-ordinary" skills. It's crazy when I asked myself how I survived that hell experience of getting this job. It's crazy that I'm out there with people, opps, professionals, college graduates, highly skilled workers and people I look up to. It's unbelievable working with them. It's amazing being with them.

We are mixed people in our batch. Everyone has their own stories. It's like HBO. There's drama, suspense, action, romance. We are all unique individual no matter what title we own, what fucking experiences we've had, we are out there with a mission.

I got intimidated the first time I entered that training room because of their educational attainment. I felt like a nobody. But dude, they are great people. They are normal people. We've had lots of fun being together. One week and all I can think are those times we're so crazy bonding with each other.

At the end of our first shift, I told myself "man, I'm back."

No comments: