Friday, April 24, 2009

The Misty YOUTUBE Magic

I can say that I'm one of those millions who got addicted to YouTube since it started aroung 2005. I have my own channel, posted some crazy videos and I even used it as a tool when I was courting my then gf for 2 and a half years. But one of the things I love doing in Youtube is sharing videos, especially songs that only a few people know. These are songs that for quite a time, I thought it's only me who knows the song but once I upload the video, it would get a thousand hits and I would receive comments thanking me that at last, somebody posted the song, or that they've been trying to look for that material for years and finally, they found it - that's the YOUTUBE magic. There's copyright violation but there's enjoyment and goosebumps after years of search.

Yes, I love comments and messages I get from people in Youtube. Like for example, there's one old OPM song I posted which is one of my personal favorite because of its melodramatic theme. I think I posted it after I broke up with my gf last 2008. It's weird. I was teary-eyed while collating all the pictures I would include in the video and composing the words which is probably what I felt that time. For all I thought, I'm the only person in this world who knew that song (except of course for the singer and composer). After I uploaded the video, it has now around 4000 views and 13 comments - not bad for a rare material. What I love about the comments is the fact that those people who listened to the song have exactly the same thoughts as mine while uploading the video. People who were in pain, longing for someone, searching for love. It's a mutual feeling. It's a YOUTUBE magic.

Youtube is a success. It's probably one of the biggest man-made creation after the TV. It's going to be in the world wide web for a long time and it will continuously connect people all over the world. Youtube did not pay me to write this up, but I'm basically one of the millions of follower of the site who will forever patronize the biggest invention of the century.

No comments: